SCOTT HYBL


Clouds, Tears & Mountains (Ark 61925) 1977




Same Ark label as all those Jeff Johnson albums, so you know that’s a good sign. Indeed no disappointments here as this is intelligent jazzy poprock with some savory guitar leads, innovative keyboards and a peppy brass section, not to mention catchy songwriting. Some moody tracks as well with Johnson-esque “new-age” acoustic guitar and synth interplay. Johnson does make a couple keyboard and background vocal appearances, but this is clearly Hybl’s album all the way, often handling multiple instruments on a single track. Also dabbles in pure acoustic (‘So I Prayed’), hard rock (‘Have You Ever Seen?’) and classical folk (‘If I Could Hold That Moment’). Includes a lyric insert with guitar chords. Good stuff! (The Archivist by Ken Scott, 4th Edition)





Tracks:

01. Watchin' over me
02. Little one
03. Then and now
04. My friend
05. Fire in your heart
06. Lord I want you in my life
07. Walkin' up the line
08. So I prayed
09. Have you ever seen
10. If I could hold that moment



Download

I also added the front cover for LOS BAU-HAL-TE album Misa A Go Go today.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I have researched your blog and I would like to know if any of these lps on your blog already exist on CDs. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete