GOSPEL PLOW


Living Epistles (Rite 33289/90) 1974?




Gospel Plow or Living Epistles: I can’t quite tell which is the name of the group and which is the album title. What I can tell you is it’s three guys plunking out fresh natural rural acoustic sounds with guitar, bass, banjo and harmonica. Much of the album consists of acoustic ballads with an early Mark Heard On Turning To Dust vibe, including ‘Jesus On My Side’, ‘Another Mornin’ On The Road’, ‘Wouldn’t Go Back’, ‘Parable Of The Sower’, ‘Message To A Stranger’ and ‘Prodigal Son’. Other songs like ‘Devil’s Train’ have the unplugged country-rock feel of bands like Pure Prairie League, crossing over into bluegrass for ‘Jesus Sure Changed Me’. Favorite title: ‘Do You Think The World Is Up A Crick?’ The harmonica brings a wistful sitting-by-the-campfire mood to several of the songs. Seriously long hair for one of the guys. Recorded in Burlington, North Carolina. (The Archivist by Ken Scott, 4th Edition)





A special thank you to Ozark Ken for sharing this album.

Thank you Ken for the updated pictures.


Tracks:

01. I guess I never knowed
02. Jesus on my side
03. Hey sad stranger
04. Devil's train
05. Holy Ghost
06. Jesus sure changed me
07. Another mornin' on the road
08. Wouldn't go back
09. Parable of the sower
10. Do you think the world is up a crick
11. Message to a stranger
12. I searched and found
13. Prodigal son


Download




No comments:

Post a Comment